Author Topic: Question about capabilities  (Read 369 times)

sambrose

• View Profile
Question about capabilities
« on: January 30, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »
i would like to pull in multiple map overlays that I can generate in geotiff/KML. Does the framework support being able to show multiple layers of these types of files? For example I may want a map that shows state boundaries and overlayed on that is the average precipitation. See attached image for an example.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about capabilities
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:16:15 AM »
The asset does not support geotiff/KML format - there're two ways you can add your own overlays:

1) Use a tile server that supports multiple layers, including precipitation like AerisWeather. Both Globe Edition and World Map Strategy Kit supports online connectivity with their servers and using the appropriate map codes in the inspector you can make the asset grab tiles that blends different types of information. For details on map tiles codes, please check this page: https://www.aerisweather.com/support/docs/aeris-maps/reference/map-layers/#all:radsat
Note that the asset only provides integration but you need to purchase a client key from AerisWeather for production purposes.

2) You could create your own Earth texture which blends the info and use it as the Earth background texture. Select the "Custom" or "Texture" Earth style in the inspector and assign your own texture.

Regards

sambrose

• View Profile
Re: Question about capabilities
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:25 AM »
Thank you for the ideas, much appreciated