Author Topic: Unity 2019.1 + LWRP + Android  (Read 401 times)

kroecks

• View Profile
Unity 2019.1 + LWRP + Android
« on: July 06, 2019, 10:48:57 PM »
I only bought this asset because the existing Post Processing fails on Android.

Is there anything special that I need to do to get Beautify working under these conditions?
I followed the simple guide of "add the script to the camera", but nothing is showing up. No effects whatsoever.

I've removed the Post Processing from the camera, still nothing.

Any help you can provide?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unity 2019.1 + LWRP + Android
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 11:31:36 PM »
Hi,
Beautify is available in two versions:
- Camera effect: add the script “Beautify” to the camera. This mode works only in standard/builtin pipeline.
- Post Processing Stack v2 extensions: this version of Beautify must be downloaded from the beta board in this forum. Once imported, you will be able to add Beautify to your Posr Processing Stack volumes as with other PPS effects. This version of Beautify works in all pipelines supported by PPSv2.
If PPSv2 does not work in your setup, you could try updating to the latest version of Unity and packages. If that doesn’t work, it may point to bugs (LWRP still buggy on certain platforms including VR). You may need to drop LWRP for now and switch to builtin until the pipeline stabilises and get really optimized for mobile or VR.
Regards

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 11:35:43 PM »
I realised your account does not have access to the beta board. For LWRP you need to use this special version. The usual procedure is to send me a pm with your invoice number to get access to the private board - then you can remove Beautify and download/import this version and you will see the effects available to be added in the PPS Volume.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 12:19:01 AM »
Finally, one more suggestion:
If you use the camera effect version of Beautify in standard/builtin pipeline along PPS, when adding it to the camera you won’t see any difference unless you disable the “Direct to Camera” setting in Post Processing Stack Layer component - that option will bypass any other camera effect so in this case must be disabled.

kroecks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 12:20:35 AM »
I PM'd you the invoice number.

I'm hoping I don't need to downgrade from LWRP, but I acknowledge it may be a requirement at this point to get that working.  :(

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 12:37:59 AM »
Hi,
You should now be able to access the beta board of Beautify here in the forum.
Remove the asset if you still have it in your project and download/import the package from the board for PPSv2. Then select your PPS profile or your PPS Volume and you should see Kronnect/Beautify in the list of available effects to add to the profile/volume.
There’s also a simple demo scene included in the package.

kroecks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 12:23:39 PM »
Alright, I installed it and kicked off a build this morning after mucking around with the DOF and Bloom.

Any idea why it's appearing so distorted?

https://imgur.com/a/2eOzT8b

Edit; I'm going to remove effects one by one and see if the visuals improve. I'll report back with findings

Edit2; Pretty sure it was bloom. Same thing that messes up in PPS
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 12:37:26 PM by kroecks »

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 05:42:51 AM »
Use latest Beautify 1.0.3 update for PPS. This fixes an issue with tile-based GPUs.
Please note that LWRP/PPS mix are not yet optimized for mobile - they work better in linear color space and are not as performant as using builtin pipeline + classic Beautify which works great for both gamma and linear color spaces.

EDIT: try OpenGL as well instead of Vulkan.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:52:11 PM by Kronnect »