Author Topic: [BUG] New prefab editing workflow is not supported  (Read 314 times)

Jeri Haapavuo

[BUG] New prefab editing workflow is not supported
« on: December 10, 2019, 12:47:05 PM »
Hi.

I just bought your asset and it seems nice. However, the prefab editing workflow seems to be broken on Unity 2019.3.

The editor keeps constantly saving the prefab if you add HighlightEffect component to it. The continuous saving won't occur when not editing a prefab but when editing a scene instead.

Now I am having much trouble editing my existing prefabs that have HighlightEffect component since the editor keeps constantly saving.

Could you please fix this asap? Thank you.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] New prefab editing workflow is not supported
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »
Yes, thanks for reporting this -- will be fixed in next update asap. In the meanwhile, please uncheck "Preview in Editor" toggle in Highlight Effect inspector while editing in Prefab mode.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 02:54:59 PM »
Fixed in latest beta. Please sign up and send me a pm with your invoice number to get access.
The update will be released (along new features) to the Asset Store as soon as possible.

b4gn0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 01:37:39 AM »
@Kronnect I'm using the latest beta and prefab editing with both "Prefab Auto-save" and "Preview in Editor" enabled still triggers the save repeatedly.

Thank you

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 07:59:08 AM »
Hi,
This option has been redesigned to avoid issues with different Unity versions. Stay tuned for the next beta please.
Regards