Author Topic: Bug in "See Through - Always When Occluded"  (Read 439 times)

TonicNorth

• View Profile
Bug in "See Through - Always When Occluded"
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:39:57 AM »
Hi,

I've noticed a bug in setting an object to having "See Through - Always when Occluded." Objects with that setting are still occluded when overlapped by another object that has an active highlight effect that was created BEFORE the always occluded object.

Steps for reproduction:

Create an empty cube (Cube A). Add highlight effect to it, and set to Highlighted.
Create another empty cube (Cube B). Add a high light effect to it, and do NOT set it highlighted. Set the See through setting to "Always When occluded"
Create an empty cube (Cube C). Add highlight effect to it, and set to Highlighted.

Cube B will be visible when occluded by cube C, but not by cube A.

TonicNorth

• View Profile
Re: Bug in "See Through - Always When Occluded"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:44:19 AM »
Screenshot attached for reference.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:42:50 AM »
Hi, this case should be solved in the new beta. Highlighted objects never allowed see-through effect from other objects but it should work now.

TonicNorth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 01:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply! I sent a PM with invoice for beta access.

Unrelated, but there's a feature request I have as well. I'd love to be able to pass a list of renderers that are part of a "highlight object" rather than relying on children/layers to get that list via the "include" drop down. I was able to modify the source code to get that working, but might be a nice "official" feature. I use hierarchy and layers already for other purposes, and I have children of selectable objects that should be their own selectable item.

Great product, thanks! I've been looking for a while for a robust solution. Glad I tried this one :)

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 01:38:19 PM »
Thank you :)
I guess we can expose an optional List of renderers to be considered for the effects.
Cheers