Author Topic: LWRP  (Read 619 times)

Roger Larsen

LWRP
« on: March 09, 2019, 01:45:54 PM »
According to the documentation; "It's also compatible with Standard and Lightweight Rendering Pipeline (LWRP)."

I cannot get this to work at all with LWRP. What are the steps required to make this work?

Thanks.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LWRP
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 08:35:52 AM »
Hi Roger,

Can I ask where have you read that Highlight Plus supports LWRP?

(we had a prototype working for LWRP but after some changes to the feature set this support was removed and put on hold until LWRP/SRP exit experimental stage).

Regards

Roger Larsen

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 01:40:40 PM »
It's right here in your first post about the product:

Highlight Plus adds outline, glow and see-through effect to any object in your scene.

HP has been designed with platform compatibility and performance in mind. It's compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, WebGL and VR (Single and Multi-Pass).
It's also compatible with Standard and Lightweight Rendering Pipeline (LWRP).

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »
Thank you - it's an old post corresponding to the launch announcement - it's been fixed now to avoid further confusion with current updates until SRP is completed.

Send me a pm with your invoice number - I'll grant you access to the beta board where you can download version 1.2.1 which is the latest version supporting LWRP.
The asset supported LWRP and Standard at launch - however when adding support for animated skinned meshes we found some issues that required the use of a camera event which is not yet available in LWRP (they're including it in final release - it's an event that triggers after camera rendering has finished, very similar to OnRenderObject in Standard pipeline).

Please note that current version includes more features although the core effects are already present in 1.2.1.

Just to clarify, support for SRP will be added when it's completed assuming Unity finally adds the expected camera events planned for Unity 2019.x

Regards
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:11:44 PM by Kronnect »

twospoonstn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »
Thank you - it's an old post corresponding to the launch announcement - it's been fixed now to avoid further confusion with current updates until SRP is completed.

Send me a pm with your invoice number - I'll grant you access to the beta board where you can download version 1.2.1 which is the latest version supporting LWRP.
The asset supported LWRP and Standard at launch - however when adding support for animated skinned meshes we found some issues that required the use of a camera event which is not yet available in LWRP (they're including it in final release - it's an event that triggers after camera rendering has finished, very similar to OnRenderObject in Standard pipeline).

Please note that current version includes more features although the core effects are already present in 1.2.1.

Just to clarify, support for SRP will be added when it's completed assuming Unity finally adds the expected camera events planned for Unity 2019.x

Regards

Awesome, thank you. PM sent, I'll just hack up a simple shader meanwhile. Is there any word on when SRP is going to come out?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
LWRP is planned for 2019.1 and HDRP later this year. Those are the current plans.

Arkytoothis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 01:39:23 PM »
You wouldn't happen to have any updates on when a fix for the LWRP might be released?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 03:04:36 PM »
Soon I hope. Half of the assets have been migrated/ported to support LWRP.
Can't say a date, maybe 2-3 weeks.

Arkytoothis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »
I recently bought Highlight plus for a new project without making sure that it would work with LWRP so that is great news, thanks!

the fly

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 09:01:18 AM »
Hope to support VR soon.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 10:18:22 AM »
VR support is included in current version. Use the Fast or High quality modes of Highest doesn’t work on the VR headset.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 11:40:49 AM »
Highlight Plus works on LWRP / URP on Mac and Windows platforms (Unity 2019.1+ for LWRP and Unity 2019.3 beta tested). VR is not supported in LWRP/URP (only in built-in).

Citron4000

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 08:52:47 PM »
Is there plans to support both URP and VR at the same time? This is what I would like to use the plugin for. Thanks.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »
Not yet. Unfortunately LWRP doesn't seem to support CommandBuffer.DrawMesh API on VR even when called from a ScriptableRenderPass, which points to a bug. We have reported this to Unity and are waiting for a response/fix.