Author Topic: Animating Appearance Slope Threshold with Global Snow 2 Decals Version?  (Read 370 times)

whydoisay

• View Profile
Hi folks,

I am successfully able to use animation in Unity (normal Animator increasing numbers) to make the SpeedTree coverage increase over time, which looks great -- like the snow is piling up on the trees! However, I'm having no luck adjusting the slope threshold the same way. It just doesn't work at all and I'm doing the exact same thing. Is there anything that would make it work for SpeedTree coverage but not for Slope Threshold? Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:37:12 PM by whydoisay »

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello!

Snowed SpeedTrees do not use slope threshold param.
They use the speedTreeCoverage property.

Regards

whydoisay

• View Profile
Hi,

Please re-read what I wrote. I do not have a problem animating the SpeedTree coverage. That works fine. What does not work is animating the Slope Threshold. I realize that SpeedTree coverage does not use the Slope Threshold. I ALSO want the Slope Threshold controlled by the animator. What I am trying to do is make it so both the trees and the ground gradually become more covered in snow.

Again, is there a reason the animator controlling the Slope Threshold does not work?

Thank you.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Possibly because the animator is updating the serialized atttributes but not the public properties which trigger the material updates.
Update to v1.4 or just edit GlobalSnow2.cs script and add the following code within the main class:

Code
void OnDidApplyAnimationProperties() {   // support for animating property based fields
            UpdateProperties();
}

whydoisay

• View Profile
Aha! Excellent! Thank you very much.