Author Topic: Hexasphere Lighting  (Read 608 times)

jamesyoung79

• View Profile
Hexasphere Lighting
« on: December 07, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »
I recently purchased Hexashere to use for on old project I'm redoing. Hexesahere looks like it solves most all the old problems I had that caused the project to stall before life got in the way. I made a new project with Unity 2019.2.15f1 and have Hexashere installed. I have noticed a few issues with lighting. Hexasphere does not seem to responsive to lighting at all when set to use lighting, it is getting it lighting arbitrarily form a point light that seems to not exist. If I load the unity demo scene then load the a Hexasphere scene the lighting is changed the light appears from behind the sphere making it completely dark and not visible. The only thing that can reset it is creating a new scene then reloading the hexasphere demo scene. It seems the only reliable option is to uncheck use lighting. Is there something I am missing I would like to be able to control the lighting.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hexasphere Lighting
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 07:18:38 PM »
Lighting option works if you have one directional light in the scene. Which rendering pipeline are you using?

jamesyoung79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
I started with a LWRP project and had the issues. The only one where it behaved correctly was a empty unity project using the default unity rendered.  Is there any way to get it to behave properly with LWRP or am I forced to only use the default unity rendered?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »
It should work fine on LWRP. Iím currently out of office but will check this ASAP and get back to you.

jamesyoung79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 01:40:02 PM »
Ok thanks, It is working with LWRP except for the direction light's settings.

jamesyoung79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »
Also, I forgot to mention I appreciate your lightning fast responses and help!

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »
Hi, the lighting direction bug in LWRP should be fixed in latest beta.
Regards