World Political Map 2D Edition
World Political Map - 2D Edition adds to your scene a beautiful and interactive 2D political map with just a couple of clicks.
Drag the globe prefab to your scene and customize the look & feel.
Complete asset for applications and games that need to visualize and interact with the world and its countries, provinces and cities!Purchase ($65)
- Procedurally draws the frontiers of 241 countries, 4112 provinces and states, and the location of the 7144 most populated cities in the world!
- Fully interactive map: zoom, pan, select, regions of countries, provinces/states and cities highlight as you pass the mouse over them.
- Viewport rendering targets (supports cropping, see video below for a demo)
- Supports Perspective and Orthographic projections
- Add markers and line animations over any country, province, city or custom location using latitude/longitude
- Three types of cities, including country and region capitals.
- Automatically draws country labels with placement options.
- Colorize countries, provinces/states or entire continents!
- Per country texture support!
- Mount Points support: add your custom strategic locations from the Editor and find/navigate/position objects on them easily.
- Find and fly smoothly to any country, state, city by its name from current position. Also easily locate any world location by latitude/longitude.
- Two levels of details for frontiers at 110.00.000:1 and 30.000.000:1 scale.
- Imaginary lines: draw latitude, longitude and cursor lines.
- 7 Earth styles including custom planetary shaders with relief, day/night, atmosphere and clouds effects compatible with mobile.
- Lots of customization options: frontiers colors, highlight color, visibility of cities/frontiers/Earth, labels, ...
- Can be instantiated and controlled by code (API and documentation provided).
- Custom editor inspector with 4 extra awesome components (watch videos below for demos):
- Calculator: to convert between different map units (eg. lat/lon to sphere position),
- Tickers: to add scrolling/blinking messages over the globe!
- Decorator: to personalize each country appearance (color, texture, label)
- Map Editor: modify provided maps and create your fictional scenarios!
- No internet access required! Geographic data included in the asset, which does not use Google Maps nor any other map provider. Makes it very fast and works offline!
- Mobile friendly: tested on Android and iOS.
- Source code included (C#).
Use this asset to allow the user to choose a region or destination of the world, to show data/info/resource icons, great for mission briefings, strategy games, Earth HUD/locator of targets/resources, ... Also great for educational software, reports, statistical and data-viz applications!
The asset contains a complete API to explore and take advantage of the countries, provinces and cities catalog provided - getting information like location, metropolitan population of cities, country and province to which they belong, navigate to them, get province and country neighbours, and much more!